Torah Academy welcomes applications for admission for new and transfer students at all grade levels. We welcome all Jewish children whose families desire an excellent Torah and General Studies education. Students undergoing conversion are accepted in accordance with the policies of the rabbinical advisory committee. Applications for admission to Torah Academy are obtained from the educational office or our web site.
The following steps are then followed.
- An "Application for Admission Form"- accompanied by a non-refundable $50 application fee (per child)- is submitted.
- Parents sign a "records release form" so that we may request school records to be directly sent from all prior schools (for children entering grade 1 or above).
- Parents are interviewed by the Menahel (Principal) and any other relevant member of the administration.
- Students applying for grade 2 and over will also spend the day visiting T.A. and being interviewed by faculty and administrators. Additional screening may be conducted during the visit.
Torah Academy reserved the right to ask for additional testing or evaluation (e.g. from an educational psychologist) prior to granting admission. Based upon the school’s assessment of its ability to serve the student well, a child’s application for admission may be accepted, receive provisional acceptance or be denied. Applicant families will be notified in writing. All financial arrangements must be made with the T.A. Business Office in order to enroll and attend school. Enrollment contracts- as well as medical, transportation and emergency forms will be sent a later date.
Special notes for Early Childhood Classes:
The cut-off dates for Early Childhood classes are:
- Pre-Nursery (3Y) - Three years old by August 31 of the school year
- Nursery (4Y) - Four years old by August 31 of the school year
- Kindergarten (5Y) - Five years old by August 31 of the school year
Children must be completely toilet trained to attend Torah Academy.
For more information, please contact Tanya Libesman (Director of Admissions and Community Relations) at email@example.com or 610-642-7870.